Very honestly. Words as pandemia and gathering are no more bearable after almost 3 months of lockdown. Everyone wants to regain possession of his /her life, keeping of course all the health and safety precautions which occurs. Today I’m going to propose a nice and “safe” walking along the Malghe of Caltrano route.
5 good reasons to take a trip to the Malghe of Caltrano
The Malghe of Caltrano tour is a nice walking on the Caltrano mountain plateau among green pastures, pine forests with a unique scent and wonderful views on the very close plain. Most of the path runs on a paved or dirt but beaten road and without any particular difference in altitude. This is the reason why I would recommend it to everyone. Here the 5 reasons why I would suggest this tour:
- this is a ring walk. Which is one of the advantage as you will not do the same path forth and back. Also I consider the path of this routes stroller friendly and I would recommend it also to those with babies (even if I opted for some parts of the tour inside the wood and therefore we brought our kid in the rucksack
- it is a nice way to move daily stress away. You will dive into nature, among cowbells concerts and the smell of the woods.
- this is still not a mass tourist destination
- your safety first: when gathering is forbidden than a solitary destination is to preferred. You will meet nobody in the forest with the exception maybe of some bears (I’m joking of course!). No entrance fee is needed therefore you will enjoy a wonderful day with a cheap budget
- if you are a Veneto dishes lover and you can’t give up with the culinary tradition then you should have a lunch in one of the Malghe (mountain cottages) you will find along this tour: rifugio Bar Alpino, and “malghe” Carriola, Paù, Foraoro, Serona and Fondi. Soppressa is never too much!
- Parking is free along the route (where admitted)
- Even if this path is not a mass destination, I would prefer other month to August and Saturday to Sunday to go there as this destination is quite popular among locals.
- in the wood there are several alternative paths. As some of them are blocked by trees fallen during the Vaia storm, it is recommended to check which are accessible before taking them
- for bike and mountain bike lovers: a nice e-bike tour has been organized by Asiago Guide on Saturday 30th of May. Click here for more info.