Smart working and lockdown are our seasonal hits. We work in our pajamas and every day seems to be the exact copy of the previous one. We cannot move outside home, we need to change our social life for the future. But nobody can avoid us from thinking and imagining. Dreaming of the next travels (when traveling around the world will be an option again) is something which still make us feel free and happy.
Over the last few weeks I’ve dreamt very often about the places I will visit as soon as possible. All are in my wonderful region, the Veneto. I would like to share my wishlist with you all:
- Vicenza, with its beautiful Querini Park, the Olimpic Theatre, the Basilica and all the Palladian Villas
- Padova with the Bo University and the anatomical theatre
- the Po Delta Park
- Venice, which is always magic. In particular I would recommend to visit Torcello island with its impressive Santa Maria Assunta Cathedral
- the Sigurtà Garden Park
- an historic and landscape tour of the Grappa massif
- a food and wine tour of the Valdobbiadene hills
- the Burchiello, a romantic cruise along the Brenta river discovering the Venetian Villas
- sunbathing in the colorful and suggestive Caorle
At the highest step of the podium I will put the Dolomites of course, and my recommendation is to enjoy sunset on the wonderful and stunning Giau Pass.
These are just a few ideas of the possible alternatives my Veneto offers. If you come to visit it, you won’t regret. Promised!
copy photos: Maurizio Paterniani, Unsplash